Red Flag Mud Alert Issued
The City of Sierra Madre issued a Red Flag Mud Alert for Sierra Madre residences in potential mud flow areas. The Los Angels County Public Works Department has indicated that a Phase 2 Mud Alert will be issued soon. The County’s Phase 2 Alert indicates moderate debris and mudflows at widespread locations.
Mandatory evacuations are now in place.
The following locations are now under a Mandatory Evacuation Order and the streets are closed to both vehicular and pedestrian traffic:
- All streets above Churchill Road and Old Ranch Road.
- All streets above Woodland Drive and Sturtevant Drive.
- All streets above Lotus Lane at Camillo Street.
- The private sections of Auburn Avenue above Elm Street.
Debris flows have recently blocked portions of Skyland Drive and Woodland Drive (above Mary’s Market).
Additional Important Information:
- An evacuations center has been set up at the Community Recreation Center, 611 E. Sierra Madre Blvd.
- Sand and sandbags are available 24 hours a day at the City Maintenance Facility. The address is 621 E. Sierra Madre Blvd. The sand and sandbags are located north of the Sierra Vista Park tennis courts, and next to the Sierra Madre Rose Float building. Residents must fill their own bags and are advised to bring a shovel.
- Bailey Canyon Park, Mt. Wilson Trail, and Chantry Road are all closed until further notice.For updates and future emergency information, please be sure to monitor the City’s Communication tools:City Website (www.cityofsierramadre.com)SMTV3, (channel 3 on Time Warner Cable)Email Alerts “eBlasts”
- To register for email alerts please visit www.cityofsierramadre.com, click on AccessSierraMadre, and then click CommunicationLink to register your email addressAdditional information on how to protect your home can be found on the City’s website, www.cityofsierramadre.com.
Mud incident updates can be found at www.sierramadrepio.blogspot.com.